Our Impact: since 2009
Founded in November 2009, Women for a Change, Cameroon (Wfac) has demonstrated credibility, integrity, competence and loyalty to its commitments and values for gender justice and the empowerment of women and girls. Being a feminist and advocacy organisation, it continues to develop innovative programmes and strategies to address gender stereotypes and misconceptions. It has successfully mobilised and organised more than 100 community actions, advocacy programs, campaigns, leadership training programs for gender justice and the empowerment of women and girls. In May 2013, it reached out to 2000 people in communities with limited access to electricity, encouraged them to vote for the ‘My World’ Survey.
At the regional and global level, Wfac continues to play an instrumental role in negotiating and influencing global debates, calling for world leaders to position women and girls needs at the center
of development agenda. Wfac also provides opportunity for partnership and alliance building between other feminist networks, including youth and men structures that shares the mission and value for gender justice.
• More than 2000 people informed and voted for the ‘My World’ Survey
• 100+ community actions, advocacy campaigns, leadership training programs for gender justice and the empowerment of women and girls.
• Popularised the post-2015 process and mobilised public participation through the action 2015 campaign, reaching out to over 100 000 young people, including top government officials.
• 50 young people received intensive training and practical capacity building skills on SRHR advocacy
•50 15-year old supported to take ownership of the post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals.
•Increased discussions both online and offline around CSE and SRHR, care, services and education
• Effective use of social media and telephone massages for change. …[more]