Re-advertisement: Apply to become a Wfac CSE seminar facilitator
Now accepting applications for CSE facilitators!!!
Locations: Buea and Douala (we are still making negotiations to reach the other cities across the country)
As part of Wfac community outreach programs in school, Wfac is currently hosting a weekly CSE program in some 10 colleges across the southwest region of Cameroon. And we know that you are passionate about championing youth issues and rights, particularly youth SRHR. That’s why we are inviting you to become part of this privilege network of young brilliant actors working for change and empowerment in this country.The Wfac CSE Seminar facilitator can be a teacher, student, graduate and passionate youth champion like you, committed and dedicated to impact and transform many young peoples’ lives. CSE Seminar facilitator represent a broad diversity and socio-cultural backgrounds and are at least 20 years old.
Every academic year, Wfac recruits 10 young people to serve as its CSE Seminar facilitators. Each CSE facilitator is expected to deliver the following to ensure the success of the CSE College programs;
• Available to dedicate 1-3 hours per week (especially on Wednesdays) to the CSE outreach program
• Attend group calls on average once a month
• Report weekly to the progress of the CSE seminar in schools
• Mobilise and organise seminar sessions/trainings to at least 100 college students per school
A facilitator will work closely with a staff from Wfac to effectively organise and conduct the weekly CSE seminars in a school that will be assigned to them. A facilitator will be provided with a seminar module, training materials and other relevant documentations needed to ensure the smooth flow of their training/seminar facilitation in the college. At the end of each seminar, a facilitator is expected to send reports in writing with photos attached and other relevant documentation.
Please note that this is an unpaid, voluntary role. However, transportation cost will be reimbursed. More so, this is an opportunity that may result in a long-term paid position.
Besides benefiting from the one-on-onE coaching and mentoring /support received from Women for a Change, Cameroon, a facilitator will have a range of exciting benefits and opportunities. These include but not limited to:
- Building their skills and capacities in facilitating seminar/workshops sessions,
- Working with a diverse group of college students across the country,
- Meeting and exchanging unique perspectives with young people
- Having the opportunity to build their capacity and skills around public speaking, advocacy, and social activism
- Expanding and building [new] social networking relationships with youth leaders and other young people
- Improving their leadership skills and development particularly in the area of SRHR peer education
- Maybe recruited as a full-time staff upon performance satisfactory
NB: A certificate of Service to be issued at the end of the service, following effective performance.
- A Cover letter (maximum 2 page)
- A recent curriculum vita (maximum 2 page) + 2 referral contact address